Crowd Counselor is a resource for entrepreneurs and others that are interested in equity crowdfunding under Regulation Crowdfunding and Title III of the JOBS Act.
Our mission is to help entrepreneurs exploit this new and powerful tool to grow their business, create jobs and impact local and national communities with their products and services.
What is equity crowdfunding?
- Regulation Crowdfunding became effective on May 16, 2016.
- Entrepreneurs can raise a maximum of $1 million for their companies through an equity crowdfunding offering in a 12-month period.
- Subject to certain limitations, both accredited and non-accredited investors can invest in the offering.
- Advertising and general solicitation are permitted, but certain restrictions apply.
- Promotors may be used, but you must disclose what compensation is being given to promoters.
- Before launching an equity crowdfunding campaign, an offering statement on Form C must be filed with the SEC and posted on a qualified portal. The SEC does not review Form C Offering Statements so there is no regulatory delay.
- After an issuer completes an equity crowdfunding offering, it is subject to ongoing annual reporting requirements.
Ask the crowd counselor – Q&A.
Ask the crowd counselor is a resource for entrepreneurs and FINRA funding portal members provided by BEVILACQUA PLLC. It is a repository of questions that entrepreneurs and funding portals have asked us as they raise capital for their companies or post deals to their portals under Regulation Crowdfunding along with our suggested answers to those questions.
Although we do our best to provide accurate and helpful information, you acknowledge that we do not provide any warranty regarding the information in the Q&A and you acknowledge and agree that participating in the Q&A does not create any attorney-client or other confidential or special relationship between you and BEVILACQUA PLLC and does not constitute the provision of legal advice or other professional advice by BEVILACQUA PLLC. You should seek advice from an attorney licensed in the relevant jurisdiction(s), as well as a tax professional, before relying on the information contained in this Q&A. By using the Q&A, you confirm that you have the authority to share any information that you provide through the Q&A.
This website and Q&A below may be considered Attorney Advertising under the ethical rules of certain jurisdictions.
This section of the site contains a collection of white papers and other resources that may help entrepreneurs as they undertake an equity crowdfunding capital raise. In these resources, you will find information about how long it takes to complete an equity crowdfunding raise and the overall cost of an equity crowdfunding raise. If these materials do not answer your questions, please submit a question through ask the crowd counselor above.
Active Title III Funding Portals
Other Useful Resources
Some of our recent equity crowdfunding deal
We are proud to have worked with the following clients on their successful equity crowdfunding campaigns.