Cannabis Business Lawyers
Services We Offer Your Cannabis Business
For cannabis businesses to run smoothly, they must have well-defined structures, secure financing, and strict adherence to regulations. The cannabis industry has intricate laws specifying what can and can’t be done. For instance, federal laws can disrupt attempts to use the federal bankruptcy system because cannabis is a Schedule I drug. In some cases, if you’re renting your facilities, your landlord may have questions about the risk or liabilities your business may associate them with. We’re ready to help you prepare for that eventuality: we’ll help you avoid that issue or find an alternative.
Bevilacqua PLLC has helped cannabis companies with their operations, and we’re prepared to assist you with:
- Business Formation
- Debt & Equity Financing, including access to Public Capital Markets
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dispute Resolution
- General Counsel Services
- Regulatory advice and representation before regulatory agencies
Finding an experienced and professional law firm is essential if you want to protect and grow your business. From your day-to-day legal needs to the extraordinary, Bevilacqua PLLC can help you prepare for any legal issue.
Latest Blog Posts
How We Serve Businesses within the Cannabis Industry
At Bevilacqua PLLC, we want your business to succeed. With our assistance, you can focus on your business, with guidance on legal matters. Cannabis laws vary state by state, and we’re ready to help you navigate the regulations that can get in the way of running a business. There are several agencies that oversee cannabis cultivation, production, and sales. We will be there to represent you whenever you are called before these agencies. We won’t let them intimidate you.
We can help those in different aspects of the cannabis business, including:
- Cultivating cannabis products: launching a cannabis cultivation organization requires licensing, structuring, and banking relationships. Our firm can ensure you’re following your state’s cultivation regulations, operating in a properly zoned area, and anything else that could interrupt your business.
- Manufacturing and producing cannabis: businesses need licenses to manufacture cannabis-related products. As your representative, Bevilacqua PLLC can help you apply for the correct licenses and defend you if you’re accused of violating regulations. We can help you resolve any legal issues that might arise.
- Testing cannabis products: testing is one of the fastest-growing industries within the cannabis business, but you must be cautious. Entering this aspect of the cannabis industry requires planning, proper business formation, and careful execution of strategies. We can help you make intelligent business decisions and secure your operation.
- Distributing cannabis products: your state will have rules regulating who can purchase marijuana and how it should be used. Whether your products are intended for medical use for recreational purposes, let Bevilacqua PLLC help protect your business. We can guide you through the procedures to secure the correct licenses and registration to ensure your operations are functioning legally.
We can help you navigate legal processes and identify where you could face challenges. Our experience can help you wherever you’ve chosen to operate.
Chief Executive Officer and Director, Victory Energy Corporation
Lou has been an integral part of our growth through acquisitions and mergers strategy for the last year. His depth of experience with complicated business transactions and the relevant SEC needs to insure those transactions are rock solid, has given our management team a senses of safety and confidence. Additionally, Lou has a sense of urgency to get things done that matches our needs very well and sets him apart from many others in the legal space. It’s rare to find the combination of quality, expertise and speed in one legal office, much less one individual. I would recommend him highly.
Why Choose Bevilacqua
At Bevilacqua PLLC, we offer our clients exceptional legal guidance. We find them strategic business solutions. Our clients have a wide background across numerous industries, including the field of cannabis business. Our established record speaks for itself.
We have a history of helping clients in the cannabis industry. We’ve worked for clients who run dispensaries and grow operations. We’ve helped clients who have applied for their state cannabis operator licenses. We’ve worked for businesses that provide technology and other products to consumers and businesses in the cannabis industry.
Contact the Cannabis Business Lawyers at Bevilacqua PLLC
To discuss all your options and a clear path towards a successful cannabis business, contact Bevilacqua PLLC at (202) 869-0888 or submit a request online to schedule an appointment.